Can’t find the talent you need? Consider looking outside your state. You probably flashed back to all the research and hassle that went into first starting your business. All the legal documents, setting up a payroll, getting the right tax IDs for the state and perhaps local counties and cities. Expanding your business into multiple states is a great way to grow your business, no matter the size of your company, but when you start to cross state lines, you need to pay attention to the fine details.
The legal requirements for conducting business vary on a state-by-state basis, sometimes even city-by-city or county-by-county. Employers engaging employees outside of their home state must become knowledgeable of applicable wage and hour laws, statutory regulations such as paid sick leave, and employment tax withholdings. Your remote worker will be considered an employee in his or her state of residence, not the state where your company is based. Is your company up-to-date on all the EEOC Prohibited Employment Policies/Practices?1
Payroll through an Employer of Record
Businesses can more easily expand outside their state and cast a wider net to reach top talent by recruiting workers no matter their state, and payrolling them through an Employer of Record (EOR). Get the benefits of hiring contingent workers without the headaches of setting up as an employer in that state and learning the laws. The benefits are:
- Save Time – Free up your time for managing your core business and not your contingent workforce.
- Save Money – ClearPath clients save, on average, 15 –35% on their payroll costs by switching from a traditional staffing firm.
- Quickly ramp up staff – We shorten the time it takes to get your new workers onboard and productive, by handling all the details for you.
- Stay compliant with legislation – Local, state, and federal laws can change without warning – we stay up-to-date on legislation so you don’t have to.
As your Employer of Record, we:
- Manage all paperwork including employment agreements, worker eligibility, and statutory enrollment documents.
- Incorporate Client policies (background checks, drug screenings, Non-Disclosure Agreements) into the onboarding process.
- Process payroll, including all applicable tax withholdings.
- Provide online self-serve tracking and reporting. Get real-time visibility and information access, and reduce costly hours spent on timesheet submission and approval.
- Administer Employee Benefits, including an Affordable Care Act (ACA)-complaint program.
- Cover all employees with our statutory and commercial insurances, including Workers Compensation, Commercial Liability, Error & Omissions.
- Human Resources tasks move from YOUR desk to OURS.
Contact us to learn more about how our expert personalized service can let you get back to focusing on your business goals. Work with a leader in the industry for outsourced Human Resources and Payroll functions associated with W-2 contingent workers. Get the benefits of hiring contingent workers no matter what state they are located in. Use our helpful online calculators to determine your potential savings. Let ClearPath be the path to your peace of mind.